Smart thermostats are the latest and greatest way to control your home’s temperature and climate. Just like a traditional thermostat, smart thermostats will connect to your HVAC system so you can have full control. Additionally, smart thermostats can connect to your current WiFi. This allows your smart thermostat system to offer additional advanced features that your traditional thermostat cannot. These features not only give you the ability to adjust the temperature, they can actually reduce your overall energy bill. The ecobee smart thermostat and the Nest learning thermostat are two of the most popular brands on the market, but how do they rate against each other? Here Fritts Heating & Air details the difference between the two smart thermostats and which one is best for you and your home.
Ecobee Smart Thermostat
All ecobee thermostats are thoughtfully designed with features that bring you comfort at home and control from anywhere. Here are a few of the best features from the ecobee thermostat with voice control.
- Save roughly 25% on annual energy costs
- ENERGY STAR® certified
- Control with the ecobee app
- Apple HomeKit + more integrations
- SmartSensor included in the box
- Alexa Built-in
- Spotify & Bluetooth streaming
- Hands-free calling & intercom
- Supports HVAC accessories
- Learns and adapts to your routine with eco+
- Pause HVAC system when doors and windows open
Nest Smart Thermostat
- Save an average of 10% to 12% on heating bills and 15% on cooling bills.
- Turns itself down when you’re away
- Easy setup and control with the Nest app
- Learns your temperature preferences and sets up a schedule
- HVAC system monitoring and alerts
- Compatibility with 24V heating and cooling
- Works with 95% of HVAC systems
- Trim plate included
- Works with the Nest Temperature Sensor (sold separately)
- Voice control (smart speaker/display sold separately)
- Multiple colors available
- High-res digital display with Farsight to show you the time, temperature, or weather
- 2 year warranty
So Which Is Better?
When it comes down to your final decision, it really depends on preference. Both smart thermostats offer the same basic functionality and are evenly matched. You really can’t go wrong with either one you choose. If you’re not a fan of voice assistants or already own an Echo device, the Nest Thermostat may be the better option with its exceptional design. On the other hand, if you have always wanted a voice assistant device like Alexa or have a strangely-located thermostat that needs improved sensors, you may benefit most from the Ecobee SmartThermostat. No matter which device you buy, remember that smart home thermostats usually have pros and cons to consider before making a purchase. When you find the thermostat best-suited for your home, you’ll be impressed by the ease in which you can control the house’s temperature no matter the season.
Call Fritts Heating & Air Today
Is your thermostat working properly? If not, we can help. Contact us to learn more about our thermostats and HVAC services. Our office is convenient to Canton, GA and services the entire north metro Atlanta area. Don’t wait another minute; contact us today for all of your thermostat needs. You can expect prompt service from one of our highly trained HVAC contractors to get your heating and AC system fixed and working properly as soon as possible. At Fritts Heat & Air, we adhere to high standards and stay informed on the latest industry knowledge. Give us a call today!