With an average outdoor humidity in Atlanta during the summer months around 75%, it is imperative that you keep your home’s indoor humidity level in check. Nothing can do this better than a whole-house dehumidifier system. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) states that a home’s internal humidity should be kept below 60% with an ideal recommended level of 30-50%. The EPA also notes that lower internal humidity levels can lessen the presence of cockroaches, dust mites, and other pests.
Taking Advantage Of A Whole House Dehumidifier In Your Home
With humidity levels over 60% in your home, many issues can arise that affect your family and pets.
- High humidity causes the growth of mold and mildew, both of which can become hazardous to your health
- Dust mites prefer a warmer, moisture ridden environment and will thrive in higher humidity homes
- High humidity also can heighten symptoms of people with health complications and allergies
- The mold and mildew formed from high humidity can destroy furniture, belongings, and clothing which are irreparable
- High humidity in your home will make your living space feel hot and stuffy, despite running your air conditioning
Whole House Dehumidifiers Are More Efficient
Placing dehumidifiers in every room of your home becomes costly and time-consuming. Room dehumidifiers need to have constant monitoring for the moisture that is collected. They also run up your electric bill and are unsightly additions to each room. Whole-house dehumidifiers can run 4 times more efficient than individual room dehumidifiers, are invisible to you and your guests, and you only need one to service your entire home.
Variety Of Models And Sizes
Whole-house dehumidifiers come in many models and sizes so you do not have to worry about matching one to the size of your home or HVAC system. Some units even double as an air filtration system which brings added benefits to your family and home’s health.
Professional Whole House Dehumidifier Installation In Atlanta, GA
At Fritts Heating & Air, we are trained and skilled in whole-house dehumidifier installation and how they can greatly impact the comfort level of your home. Our office is convenient to Canton, GA, and services the entire north metro Atlanta area. Don’t wait another minute; contact us today for all of your dehumidifier needs.